Bombay Sapphire is paying homage to a classic gin cocktail, the Tom Collins, in a new gin: Bombay Citron Pressé.
The distilled gin captures the aroma and flavour of zesty, hand-picked Mediterranean lemons in a natural fruit infusion, which is blended with its vapour-distilled London Dry Gin and bottled without added sugar. Bombay Sapphire says the new expression plays into the growing trend for at-home cocktail making.
It follows the launch of the Bacardi-owned distillery’s first flavoured gin, Bombay Bramble, in 2020, which is inspired by and named after another popular gin cocktail.
Bombay Citron Pressé is the brand’s second recent release celebrating lemons. Premier Cru Murcian Lemon, a new innovation from Bombay Sapphire master distiller Dr Anne Brock and master of botanicals Ivano Tonutti, launched in October 2021 and showcases the flavour of a single harvest of Spanish citrus fruits.
Bombay Citron Pressé (37.5% ABV) is available to purchase from bombaysapphire.com now and will roll out to major retailers later in April. (recommended price £23). It will also be available at selected UK bars, including Mitchells & Butlers venues, from 2 May.
- TV personality Fred Sirieix named first ever G’Vine gin UK ambassador
- Great Glen: Distilling on the shores of Loch Ness
- Procera announces annual vintage releases of Red Dot and Green Dot
- The A–Z of Gin: S is for… Sipsmith
- Ryan Reynolds’ Aviation American Gin opens new distillery and visitor centre