Friday has rolled around again (yes, it’s definitely Friday) and we’re on the cusp of another weekend in lockdown.
Once you’ve exhausted your daily hour-long outing and binged your third Netflix mini-series, you may be left wanting something else to entertain you.
Fear not! We’ve compiled a round-up of virtual events, organised by brands around the country, to liven up your weekend.
- Fancy a Friday night pub quiz? York Gin has you covered. Its Friday Night Gin event will feature a quiz themed around the spirit and there will be experts on hand to answer your burning gin questions and share their tricks to make tip-top G&Ts at home.
- Go behind the scenes at Tobermory Gin on Friday night with an online tasting, which will include a backstage look at its distillery on the Isle of Mull and a bit of history about the brand. Join Tobermory’s master distiller and master blender on Facebook Live from 8.30pm.
- Boë Gin is launching its virtual Cocktail Club on Saturday night. The events, which will be streamed on Facebook Live, will bring in guest bartenders to answer guests’ questions and show you how to whip up bar-quality cocktails in your own home. Travelling bartender Neil Patterson will be hosting the first event, which kicks off at 7pm on Saturday.
- As part of its Sofa Sessions series, Slingsby is hosting its first virtual quiz from 6pm on Friday. It will, of course, be gin-themed and there will be prizes up for grabs for high scorers. Pens at the ready!
- Prefer creating your own fun? Take a look at our ‘virtual happy hour’ round-up, from websites and blogs to podcasts which can give you inspiration to liven up your weekend night drinks.
- Keep an eye out for our new ‘Cocktail of the week’ feature on gin-mag.com – we’ve got a short but sweet surprise for you in this instalment.